- This event has passed.
Introduction to Managing Business Records
February 17, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
One event on February 16, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on February 17, 2021 at 9:30 am
This online 5 hour course, presented over 2 days, introduces participants to the concepts and practices of records management through discussion, stories of workplace experiences and practical exercises. You will be introduced to the best practice concepts from AS ISO 15489 Records Management Standard, together with practical tips on how to manage records in your workplace.
This course will cover:
- What is meant by the term Records Management and why every organisation should manage their business records;
- What types of records are created by organisations and their value;
- What elements are required for the implementation of a benchmark Records Management Programme; and
- Storage options for records.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand why records management is an essential business function;
- List the key standards and benchmarks influencing records management;
- Identify the elements of a Records Management Programme; and
- Decide on storage options for records.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Examples of how legislation impacts records management in an organisation;
- A list of relevant records management standards and benchmarks; and
- A list of information resources on records management.