- This event has passed.
Disaster preparedness for Records Managers
October 14, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$440.00
A 10% discount applies to groups of 2 or more
The loss of information through natural or manmade disasters has compromises and inconveniences organisations and the people who work in them or rely on their services. There have also been instances of people and organisations being put at risk. The number and extent of disasters which strike organisations serves to remind us of the critical importance of disaster preparedness and business continuity planning.
How do you plan and prepare for a disaster or an emergency situation striking your organisation? What do you need to do to ensure that the information essential to the survival of the organisation is available quickly?
- Background information on the value and importance of disaster preparedness;
- A wide range of hints and tips to help you write a clear and practical disaster plan; and
- Opportunities to consider and analyse disasters that could affect records, and the risks associated with them.
The course will include the opportunity to consider and work through some case studies and disaster scenarios. It makes use of presentations and discussions and individual and group activities..
This course will cover:
- The disasters that could affect records;
- Business continuity, risk management and disaster preparedness;
- Assessing risks to records;
- Identifying vital information, knowledge and records;
- The relationships with IT disaster recovery plans; and
- Preparing a disaster preparedness plan.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the value and importance of disaster preparedness;
- Identify the different types of disasters that could affect records, information and knowledge in organisations;
- Understand the relationships between business continuity, risk management and disaster preparedness;
- Identify vital information, knowledge and records in your organisation; and
- Understand and apply techniques for developing a disaster plan for your organisation.
At the end of this course you will have:
- A methodology to develop a disaster preparedness plan;
- Tools which can be used to assist in the development and maintenance of the plan; and
- Tools to assist you in identifying vital information, knowledge and records in your organisation.
This course has been designed to assist you to hone your knowledge and skills in developing a disaster preparedness plan. In addition to providing background information on the value and importance of disaster preparedness, this course will also include a wide range of hints and tips to help you write a clear and practical disaster plan. It will provide you with: