- This event has passed.
Developing a Business Classification Scheme
October 3, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on October 10, 2020 at 10:30 am
One event on October 6, 2020 at 10:30 am
A 10% discount applies for groups of two or more
This training course provides participants with the skills required to develop their own business classification scheme. Participants will gain hands on experience in developing and maintaining a business classification scheme.
- Outline the methodologies used to develop a Business Classification Scheme based on the function – activity model;
- Identify key documentary sources of information for the development of terms;
- Introduce the interview process as a means of clarifying terms;
- Examine common errors in the compilation of terms.
We will look at:
- What is classification and why do businesses need to use it;
- The steps required to develop a business classification scheme for your organisation;
- The function activity business classification model;
- How to develop keywords, descriptors, scope notes and create relationships between the terms.
At the completion of this full-day course participants will be able to:
- Determine documentary sources which may be used to develop terms;
- Describe the interview process and be able to determine why it is important to conduct them;
- Develop keywords, descriptors, scope notes and create relationships between the terms;
- Be familiar with the common errors in the compilation of terms.